Aqua Class Guidelines
Aqua Class Procedures
- Registration is required for each class through the Online Member Portal or Member Services. Registration opens 7 days in advance at 6:00am.
- Personal items can be placed in designated areas along the outside of the pool area. Limited lockers are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Showers and towels are unavailable. Use the pool deck shower to rinse off before and after class and bring your own towel to dry off.
- Colored markers will be placed on the lane line or railing to assist with physical distancing. When entering the pool, move towards the fitness center to the furthest colored marker in lanes 1, 3, or 5.
Aqua Class Safety Protocols
- Space is limited to 14 participants.
- A physical distance of 15 feet between participants will be maintained for the duration of class. Do your part to maintain distance on the pool deck and in the locker rooms.
- Due to the monitored environment of the aqua class and increased air circulation in the pool area, masks are optional during aqua class. Executive Order 180, which increases the mask restrictions, does not include pools.
- The instructor will be wearing a mask at all times.
- Masks are required in the locker room and on the pool deck until entering the water.
COVID-19 Pool Procedures
- Members and guests may register for 1-30 minute time slot each day.
- Masks are not required while lap swimming.
- Masks are required while water walking or if your head is above the surface of the water.
- The hot tub is open at a limited capacity. See the hot tub procedures sign for details.
- Towels and showers are unavailable. Keep your towel and personal items in the chair at the end of your reserved lane.
- Limited lockers are available for pool users.
- All pool equipment is unavailable.
General Pool Information
Our saltwater swimming pool is available to members and guests for lap swimming, group exercise classes, water walking, physical therapy and independent exercise.
- The pool is 25 yards in length and 3.5 feet deep with 4 swimming lanes.
- 36 laps or 72 lengths equal one mile.
- We strive to the maintain the following: • Pool Temp: 83º-85º • Spa Temp: 102º-104º
Health standards require showering before using the pool or spa. This helps us maintain good sanitation and water clarity.
For safety guidelines, please refer to the pool and spa rules posted in the pool area and included in your member handbook.
The pool is maintained daily by a certified pool operator and is regulated by the Chatham County Health Department. It is sanitized by means of a saltwater filtration system.
A chair lift is available for individuals needing assistance accessing the pool. Please read guidelines posted on the chair lift before use.